Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technology
Updated: April 1, 2020
We use physical, technical and organizational security measures, in relation to the amount and sensitivity of personal data, to prevent unauthorized processing, including but not limited to unauthorized access, acquisition and use of, loss, deletion or damage to personal data collected through our cookies and similar technology. A unique identifier ensures that only we and / or the service providers we have approved access to cookie information.
What are cookies, web beacons and similar technologies?
Like most websites, we use technology that mainly consists of small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other devices (hereinafter referred to as “device”) that allow us to collect certain information when you visit or interact with our websites, services, applications, messaging services and tools.
Cookies – Small text files (usually consisting of letters and numbers) that are stored in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or read a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies remain as long as the browser is active and allow us to link your actions during the current browser session.
- Durable cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions, which allows us to remember your settings or actions on multiple websites.
- First-hand cookies are used by the website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are used by a third-party site, separate from the site you are visiting. Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools available in most browsers on the market. Each browser you use must be set separately and different browsers have different features and options.
Web beacons – Small graphic images (also called “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that can be found on our websites and in our services, applications, messaging services and tools. Web beacons are normally used in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and users’ behavior.
Similar technology – Technology that stores information in your browser or device using locally shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies and other software for web applications. Such technology works in all your browsers, and in some cases may not be managed solely by your browser but may need to be managed directly in your applications or your device. We do not use such technology to store information or to direct advertising to you on or off our web pages.
We use the terms “cookies” or “similar technology” in our policies to refer to any technology that we may use to store information in your browser or device, or to collect information or identify you in the manner described above.
As a rule, this technology is used by our websites, services, programs and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later use that information to identify you in our servers or internal systems. Where possible, we protect our cookies and similar technologies to ensure that only we and / or the service providers we have approved can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that applies only to us. We do not store any personal data in any of our cookies or other similar technology.
Personal information that we collect and store when we use this technology is obtained only after information and consent: We obtain your consent by providing you with clear information about the use of this technology and by giving you the opportunity to choose to deactivate this technology in ways that is described above.
Our use of such technology is divided into the following categories:
- Targeted advertising. We may use first- or third-person cookies and web beacons to display content, including ads that are relevant to you on our or third-party websites. This includes using technology to understand the benefits you have of the ads and content displayed to you, such as whether you clicked on an ad or not.
Our approved service providers use current technology
We may partner with other companies or service providers, which allow us to place third-party cookies, web beacons and similar technology to store information on our websites or in our services, applications and tools. These service providers help us provide you with a better, faster and safer experience.
Ad networks and exchanges run by approved third parties